As a newly-engaged bride, I know you have a lot on your plate. From securing the venue to finding the perfect wedding singer (hint, hint, it's me!), who has time to go shopping for dresses for all of those wedding related activities you have to go to? Enter Stitch Fix!
Stitch Fix is an amazing company. As Stitch Fix describes themselves on their website: clothing and accessories hand-selected by a personal stylist, delivered to your door. That's right, delivered to your door!! You don't even have to leave the house! Here is what you do:
1. Fill out a style profile on their website. Be specific. The more specific you are, the better your stylist can figure out what kind of clothing will be your style.
2. Schedule a fix. You can receive a fix every month, every few months, whatever you decide. The stitch will arrive at your doorstep on (or before) the day you schedule it. Inside, there will be 5 pieces.
3. Try everything on! Seriously, even if you think it doesn't look cute in the box, you could fall in love with it when you put it on. Or vice versa.
4. Send back any piece that you do not want in the pre-paid envelope they send with your fix. You only pay for what you keep! However, remember that if you keep all 5 pieces, you get a 25% discount on the entire box.
Here are some of the pieces I received in my last fix:
Some tips to get the most out of your fix:
- Fill out the style profile thoroughly. Be specific. Tell them what you like. They do read it, I promise!
- Create a Pinterest board for your stylist. This will help her to see examples of what you like. Here is a link to my Stitch Fix Pinterest board.
- When you pay, write in the comment box for each item. Tell them why you loved a particular piece, or why you hated it. This will help them to choose better pieces for your next fix.
- If you have a specific event coming up (cough, cough, engagement shots, bachelorette party, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, cough, cough), tell them! There is a place to send a note to your stylist when you schedule your next fix. Request specific things. I have had great luck with doing this.
If you are interested in trying out Stitch Fix for yourself, here is a link to get you started. It is an amazing way to find new pieces for your wedding, but also for work, play and date nights! It is super easy, and you will find pieces you might not otherwise. Happy shopping my beautiful brides!